Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A-Gas Pilfered Pearl fuselage

This week I've been glassing the Pilfered Pearl fuselage. I also decided to move the timer forward as the length of fuel line between the pinch-off mechanism and the venturi seemed excessive. I moved it forward a couple of inches and am happier with the location. Maybe it would have been ok as is but if engine run times had been inconsistent I'd wish I'd spent the time to move it. In the second image you can see the patch in the fuselage side where it was previously mounted.

I had intended to paint the fuselage but it will stay natural. Some time ago I covered the stabilizer with UltraCote film but recently had planned to strip it, then cover it and the wings with Polyspan. In the interests of saving time I decided to leave the stab as is and complete the wing with UltraCote film also. That will be enough colour, and I like the look of the natural balsa fuse.

Power is a stock K&B 3.25 (19cc), with a Texas Timers MAX IIIA timer. Only a few small things to do and it will be ready to go once the weather gets a little warmer. I'll be flying it in A Gas so might be at a disadvantage against the bunters, but I'm not available for A/B Classic so I'll take my chances. This is a learning year anyway, I'm looking forward to just participating.


No comments:

Post a Comment